top of page

18/40 The Shepherdess

This statue was originally owned by Martha Filer, sister-in-law to lumberman and businessman E. Golden Filer of Filer City. After she passed away in 1926, per her wishes the statue was willed to the Manistee Public Library who would in turn donate it to the museum some 50 years later. The companion piece, The Shepherd, is stored away.

bottom of page