13/40 Manistee's first brewery
Established in 1884 by Charles H. Daniels. Manistee’s first brewery set up shop at 14 Mason Street where he it continued for the next 30 years. After prohibition was lifted the brewery would continue as Chippewa Brewing Co. and Manistee Brewing Co. through the mid-1940s when production ceased.
Beer making would continue in Manistee during the late 1990s at the Lighthouse Brewery which was formerly located at 312 River Street. On display are various promotional materials from the Daniels Brewery as well items from the later breweries.